Arts Links

Pop Art Fun

larissa warhol

Pipe Cleaner Sculptures

Butterfly tutorial

Turtle tutorial

Dog tutorial

Lizard Tutorial

Snail Tutorial

Star fish Tutorial

Kadinsky Art Work

This You Tube clip shows some of the different art of Kadinsky.

Abstract Art

Play on the web sites below to explore abstract art. You can find lots of interesting information about the abstract painter Jackson Pollock at

www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/pollock

naples.cc.sunysb.edu/cas/pkhouse.nsf/pages/pollock

Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 10.54.53 AM

Here is another site to explore your abstract artist skills. Please comment below on your thoughts about trying this style of art. Was it challenging or an exciting release?

abstract art

Cubism

Click the image below to go to the Picassohead website and create your own Picasso style synthetic cubism painting.

Screen shot 2011-06-21 at 10.38.25 AM

The two styles of cubism that Picasso was instrumental in were

Synthetic cubism

Screen shot 2011-06-21 at 10.45.14 AM

and analytical cubism

Screen shot 2011-06-21 at 10.45.02 AM

Pictures sourced at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubism

Which style of cubism do you prefer and why? Please leave your reflections below. Remember to include in your comment what it is your prefer about the style you select and use the artistic language of synthetic or analytic cubism.

Mrs Boyhan

Still Life

Still life artists arrange and paint objects that surround them and enhance their daily lives. You can create your own interactive still life on the Victorian National Gallery web site. Click on my still life I created below to create your own.

Screen shot 2011-06-21 at 7.03.45 PM

When you have created your own save it in the still life folder in the Grade 5/6 drive.

A famous still life artist is Matisse, below is an image of his painting “Fruits’ painted in 1901. Click on the image to learn more about Matisse and to go to a gallery of his paintings.

Screen shot 2011-06-21 at 7.15.42 PM

Mrs Boyhan

Dragger

This is more difficult than you think! Have a go at creating the picture by dragging the tiles across.

Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 11.18.24 AM

Photography Editing Tools

Please explore the following web2 tools to enhance your photos. We will be using a range of these and ‘isplash’ and ‘colourwash’ on the Macs next term.

Foto Flexer

Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 12.21.40 PM

Picnik

Screen shot 2011-06-10 at 12.23.52 PM

Hi Grade 5/6  please read through the ToonDoo and leave your suggestions here for artists that you would like to study in the second half of next term.

Screen shot 2011-06-11 at 9.09.57 AM

12 thoughts on “Arts Links

1. Hi Bella. Thank you I enjoyed making this abstract art particularly the first one. I’m still not sure why the web site put someone else’s signature on it. Mrs Rutherford thought it very funny!

Yes we can have a unit on still life. Are there any artists still life work that you admire?

Mrs Boyhan

2. I REALLLLY love all the art links Mrs Boyhan! The Jackson Pollock abstract was so addictive and you feel so clever when you work out the many many applications you can do! ANd I love the Paris header image. Where did that come from?

3. I really enjoyed the ‘Absract Art’ game! It was a good way to learn art and use it in a creative way. I could play it all day!

• Mmm it is addictive isn’t it Brydie. I still don’t know why it puts someone else’s signature on my art though. Does this happen to anyone else?

4. Things I Know About Jackson Pollock:

*Jackson started studying painting in 1929 at the Art Students’ League in New York

*He used sticks, trowels, or knifes to get that drip or splash effect

*From 1938-1942, Jackson worked for the Federal Art Project

5. Hi 5/6LT,

As you know we have all been working on abstract art. from our point of view abstrect art is like a part of imagination and it can be a painting or a sculpture.

Claudia and marie-anne. 56L/T
    Mrs Boyhans Blog 🙂