Meal Worm Movies

We are communicating our learning through the art of movie making.We are raising meal worms in our classroom and have been biologists.

We have been observing the mealworms and collecting data about them. We have used this reasearch to draw conclusions about the meal worm. We have also researched about them through our reading and the internet.

Here are our movies explaining some of what we have learnt.

16 thoughts on “Meal Worm Movies

1. Great work El, Elly and Bridget!!!! I loved your video guys. I love that you added all of that information!!!!

By Ava

2. I loved your video Ailish, Jessica, Alice and Ariana. I’ve seen your video a few times and every time I watch it I find out new things.

By Ava

• Dear Ava
      Thank you for commenting on our work.
      We also liked your work to.
      I learnt lots of new thing from your video to .
      Fantastic work Ava

3. To Ariana, Alice, Jessica and Ailish.

I like the way you spoke clearly. A goal for next time could be to put a bit more detail.

From Bridget

4. To Daniel, Anthony and Joshua.

I like the way you all had an equal turn at speaking. I did have trouble reading the writing on your slides though. A goal for next time might be to use different colours.

From Bridget

5. Dear Mostyn, Jason and Lachie,
    Well done. I can see you put a lot of effort into making this video.
    Your groups fluency is outstanding!!!
    Great job guys. Can’t wait to see your next video.
    From Leo.

• Thank you Leo for your comment.

I like how you wrote your comment by including the greeting, wrote in paragraphs and signed off on your comment.

Fantastic commenting.

Mrs Boyhan 🙂

6. Hi Ariana, Alice, Jessica and Ailish!

Your photo-story is great and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. I especially liked how informative it was and the fact that you all spoke clearly. My favourite fact about mealworms was how beetles like to live in dark damp places like logs and rocks.

Well done
    Taya 🙂

• By the way I think that you could improve your video by making the slides last a bit longer so you can see the pictures for more time. Taya.

7. Hi El, Elly and Bridget!

I love the picture at the start of your photo-story. I think that you gave us lots of great information about meal worms and beetles. I liked the way you told us that the beetle will lay eggs and continue the life cycle – fascinating! I think that you could improve your video by speaking more quickly during the introduction.

Well done
    Taya 🙂

8. Hello Jessica,Ailish,Alice and Ariana 🙂

I really enjoyed watching your video ! But maybe next time you could add more facts about the meal worm .

9. Hi Daniel,Anthony and Joshua!!!!!!

I really licked the way you all talked clearly and loudly so that I could be able to hear you talking.The one I thought you collaborated the best was the one with the Beetle , I could tell you each had a fair go 🙂 🙂

Great work guys!:)!:)!:)

10. Terrific comments Grade 3/4 LB. Remember when commenting on a post a good comment should include:

* a greeting to the person/people you are writing to
    * write your comments in paragraphs like you would in your writing book.
    * comment on the post
    * correct spelling and punctuation
    * and sign off on your comment

Mrs Boyhan 🙂

11. Dear 3/4LB,

I have just watched your photostories about your meal worms and I am very impressed! You’ve done a super job finding out so much information about meal worms and learning to use photo story. You have taught me a few things as I didn’t really know what a meal worm was. How long do meal worms usually live? I wonder what preditors meal worms have?

From Ms Fitzgerald