Book Recommendations

Grade 3/4 have you read a great book lately? Tell us about it and why you would recommend it to our grade. Remember to give it a rating out of 10, a short summary (but don’t give away the ending) and who you think would like it.

REading 1

6 thoughts on “Book Recommendations

1. I have read “Danny the champion of the world” by Roald Dahl. It was a great book and I think Matthew, Lachie and Cooper will like this book. If I was to give a rating out of ten it would be 9 out of 10. It is a fun, cool and scary book. I think this would be an awesome book to read.

2. I would recommend this book called The Iron Man. The Iron Man is about a boy called Hogarth. He was fishing in a stream. A moment later the Iron Man appeared. Hogarth turned and ran away. He told his father about it. It turn out the Iron Man is a good guy. I would recommend it for our grade because it is fascinating and nobody would want to put the book down. I think Cooper would want to read it. Also I would rate it 7 out of 10.
    By Jason

3. I recommend one of Roald Dahl’s books, Spotty Powder and other Splendiferous Secrets .It is about recipes, Roald’s life and spotty powder. Spotty powder is actually cereal with sugar on top. The reason for spotty powder is that it will not make you sick but red spots will come up on you and your parents will think you were sick so you will get to stay home. But don’t do it too often otherwise your parents will suspect something. Do not try this for real because this was in a fiction book. I rate this book 8/10 and I think Lachie, Anthony or Josh should read it. I like this book because it is extremely humorous.

4. I think that anyone that likes mystery and adventure should read harry potter and the philosophers stone. i thought this was a good book and i rate this 8 out of 10.

5. I recommend Charlie And The Great Glass Elevator from Roald Dahl. I Love it because in the start of the book Mr Wonka said “we must hurry! We have so much to do and so little to do” because they are going to travel to the moon in the great glass elevator. At the end of the book they crash and make a big hole in the factory.
    I rate this book 8 out of ten.

BY LACHIE!

6. I think anyone who likes the author Sally Rippin should read the book
    Billie B Brown the cutest pet ever. It is about a girl Billie who really wants a pet, one day Billie goes shopping with her mum and Billie sees a pet shop and wants to go inside Billie’s mum lets her look at all the different animals in the shop. Billie sees the cutest guinea pig ever. I give this book a 9 out of 10 because it is a very exciting and surprising book.