10 thoughts on “Polly Woodside

1. Today I learnt that polly woodside was used for the Australian navy as a coal ship . Year’s later it became a popular tourist attraction for people.

2. Polly woodside was used to supply coal for other ships. For a while Polly was called Rona, this was when she belonged to a New Zealand firm. Before all of this happened an Irish company, Workmen Clark & Co built Polly in Belfast. She set sail in 1885. It was in 1904 that she was sold to the New Zealand firm. After a few years she was sold to Australia for 5c. This how Polly came to Australia. I can’t wait to go and see her!

3. I think that polly woodside is very big and it could tell you lots about what the pirates could do on the boat while they are sailing and the places they would put there gold and sliver.

4. Polly woodside was used to supply other ships. Before all this happened an Irish,
    Workmen Clark & co built Polly in Belfast.she set sail in 1885.it was in 1904 that she was sold to New Zealand .after a few years she was sold to Australia for 5c.

5. Did you know the mast is about as tall as a 10 storey building and the sails are about the size of a Olympic swimming pool. I am so excited about going there with my class.

• I hope you guys liked learning about it. I’m sure you also enjoyed being there! When I went there a couple years ago, I had a lot of fun, and I learnt so many things that I thought my head was going to explode! Keep studying hard and I can’t wait to find out what your next big event is!

From E.D
      5/6jcc