Grade 5/6 have been inspired by Vincent VanGogh

The Grade 5/6 students this term have been looking at some of the art work of Vincent VanGogh. They have  been learning about Van Gogh’s life and some of the different techniques he used in his art work and been inspired to try these themselves.

Have you ever been inspired by an artist and had a go at using their techniques to create your own masterpieces? What artists have inspired you?

37 thoughts on “Grade 5/6 have been inspired by Vincent VanGogh

1. vincent van gogh
    vincent’s bedroom
    he inspired me because of all the details in the art work and all of the bright colours and thats also why it is my favourite painting.

2. VINCENT VAN GOGH

VINCENT’S BEDROOM

HIS PAINTING OF HIS BEDROOM WAS VERY BRIGHT AND BEUTIFULL. bECAUSE WE LOOKED AT VINCENT’S CHAIR AND PIPE THE CHAIR WAS IN THE PAINTING AND IT WAS LIKE THE PICTURES SOME HOW CONNECTED. hE ALWAYS USED BRIGHT COLOURS AND DETAIL IN HIS PAITINGS SO THIS ONE IS MY FAVOURITE OUT OF ALL OF HIS PAITING.

3. I perticually enjoyed the painting “My Place” by Sally Morgan. I enjoyed this because I could think about my life time and draw and paint it on paper. This painting showed the postive and negative sides of my life. This was a new experience for me bacause i am used to painting paintings with paint, but this time it was different and I painted with colour pastels. I like really like painting with colour pastels because the colours are very strong and bold. I really enjoyed painting this and I would really like to do it again.

4. Pro Hart’s dragonfly painting is my favourite painting because it is very colourful and also because it had lots of sploches. this art painting indpired me by bieng very cool and fun to paint.

5. One of my favourite artwork is called ‘Roof of the 16th Chapel’ by Michelangelo. We modified it and we painted a picture of God under a table. It was a fun activity. You had to make sure you didn’t put a damp full of paint or else it will drip on to you.

6. my favorit painting is the stary night. i like it because it inpires you to fell and breath the fresh air, i also love it because it has twirls as stars and mountin right next to it. i like it because it inspired me to paint/draw more confidently and to draw pictures that i had never ever been able to draw in my life.

7. I realy liked the Chear from Vincent Van Goh. I liked colouring in the tiles and the chear. I thing it was a interesting activaty.

8. i like Picasso.
    i had ago at his cubism and i found it very interesing because i found it different to anyother sort painting. I liked his painting the weeping woman the most. At first i found it difficult to draw but once i started to imagine it i found it alot easier.

9. I am inspired by Picasso’s painting The Weeping Woman and at school we did self potraits inspired by Picasso at first i found it hard but at the end it looked pretty good and i found doing it interesting

10. my favorite painting was Vincent’s chair and pipe, painted by Vincent Van Gough.I like it because it is very detailed and also I like how he wrote his name on a box in the background.

11. Last year i did a piece of art from an aboriginal lady. Where i picked 6 times of my life draw the scene and put it in order with the other scenes. I drew a picture of my cat because that was one of the special times of my life.

12. Pro Harts dragonfly painting was my favourite because it was very colourful and also because it had a lot of sploches instead of strokes.
    It also inspired me by being a really cool painting and very fun to draw.

DIEGO6!!

13. I was inspired by sally morgan’s because you got to do 6 of your favourite things also you got to draw a snake as your borda.

14. Van Gogh’s Iris painting is my favourite because I like the clours and the way he paints.His techniqe was inpresionisum.When I did it, it was really hard and it was really affective the way he painted.

15. My favourite painting is stary night by Vincent Van Goh and it inspired me because I liked his painting. I learnt from it because it Made me like to draw.

16. i am inspired by picasso as his paintings are different to normal paintings and thats one reason why i like picassos paintings another reason is because you can draw a picture of your self but you can have anything anywhere for eg. you can paint your ear wear your mouth is. picassos paintings are all like that. picasso is amazing as you can draw many pictures of yourself and they would all be different as you can move your ear to another spot or mouth… its amazing to see what your face looks like as it is all moved.

17. I had a go at painting the Japanese footbridge after being inspired by Monet. It was challenging but in the end I was happy with my painting.

18. I painted a picture of the Japanese foodbridge after being inspired by Monet. It was challenging but in the end I was happy with my painting.

19. Well done Grade 5/6 we certainly are all inspired by artists.

Matthew I remember the acitivity where we looked at Micaelangelo’s painting of the Sistene Cahpel and talked about how he did this lying on his back. It was great fun to have our canvases pinned up under the table and lie on our backs and paint our own paintings. And we didn’t get too messy!!

20. Darcy it was great looking at Georges Seurat last year and his use of pointellism in his art. What did you create using this technique?

21. Jack I love the waterlillies too. I can’t wait to visit the art galleries in Paris later this year and see Monet’s work again 🙂

22. I really like the way lots of you have remembered artists and techniques from previous years. This tells me that our art curriculum is engaging and successful.
    Your Van Gogh inspired artwork is incredible. Really reminiscent of his particular style. Well done.
    Did you know it’s a myth that Van Gogh cut off his ear? He only cut off part of his ear lobe.
    Finally, many of you need to practise spelling the word COLOUR. It’s one of those words that trips people up. Write (or type) it out correctly twenty times and it should stick in your mind.
    Fantastic work guys! 🙂